Skip to Main Content
A comparison of small tractors for thinning central hardwoodsAuthor(s): N. Huyler; C.B. LeDoux
Source: In: McCormick, Larry H.; Gottschalk, Kurt W., eds. Proceedings, 8th Central Hardwood Forest Conference; 1991 March 4-6; University Park, PA. Gen. Tech. Rep. NE-148. Radnor, PA: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northeastern Forest Experiment Station: 92-104.
Publication Series: General Technical Report (GTR)
Station: Northeastern Research Station
PDF: View PDF (1.09 MB)
DescriptionYoung-growth hardwood forests in the central hardwood region will require intensive management if they are to help meet the Nation's increasing demand for wood. Such management generally will require entries into the stands when the trees are small. Many small-scale machines are available for harvesting small wood. Time and motion studies were conducted on small-scale logging operations in the Northeast. The small tractors were studied in a wide range of forest and operating conditions.
- Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat.
- During the capture process some typographical errors may occur.
- Please contact Sharon Hobrla, email@example.com if you notice any errors which make this publication unusable.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationHuyler, N.; LeDoux, C.B. 1991. A comparison of small tractors for thinning central hardwoods. In: McCormick, Larry H.; Gottschalk, Kurt W., eds. Proceedings, 8th Central Hardwood Forest Conference; 1991 March 4-6; University Park, PA. Gen. Tech. Rep. NE-148. Radnor, PA: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northeastern Forest Experiment Station: 92-104.
- Low-Cost Opportunity for Small-Scale Manufacture of Hardwood Blanks
- Forest fuel reduction through energy wood production using a small chipper/CTL harvesting system
- Public acceptability of forest management practices at Morgan-Monroe State Forest
XML: View XML