Skip to Main Content
Soils as an indicator of forest health: a guide to the collection, analysis, and interpretation of soil indicator data in the Forest Inventory and Analysis programAuthor(s): Katherine P O'Neill; Michael C. Amacher; Charles H. Perry
Source: Gen. Tech. Rep. NC-258. St. Paul, MN: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, North Central Research Station. 53 p.
Publication Series: General Technical Report (GTR)
Station: North Central Research Station
View PDF (832.02 KB)
DescriptionDocuments the types of data collected as part of the Forest Inventory and Analysis soil indicator, the field and laboratory methods used, and the rationale behind these data collection procedures. Guides analysts and researchers on incorporating soil indicator data into reports and research studies.
- Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat.
- During the capture process some typographical errors may occur.
- Please contact Sharon Hobrla, firstname.lastname@example.org if you notice any errors which make this publication unusable.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationO''Neill, Katherine P; Amacher, Michael C.; Perry, Charles H. 2005. Soils as an indicator of forest health: a guide to the collection, analysis, and interpretation of soil indicator data in the Forest Inventory and Analysis program. Gen. Tech. Rep. NC-258. St. Paul, MN: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, North Central Research Station. 53 p.
KeywordsForest inventory, FIA, soils, forest health monitoring, sampling, estimation, analysis, reporting
- Soil Quality as an Indicator of Forest Health: an Overview and Initial Results from the USFS Forest Inventory and Analysis Soil Indicator Program
- The soil indicator of forest health in the Forest Inventory and Analysis Program
- Visually Determined Soil Disturbance Classes Used as Indices of Forest Harvesting Disturbance
XML: View XML