Skip to Main Content
The pallet industry: a changing hardwood marketAuthor(s): G.P. Dempsey; D.G. Martens
Source: In: McCormick, Larry H.; Gottschalk, Kurt W., eds. Proceedings, 8th Central Hardwood Forest Conference; 1991 March 4-6; University Park, PA. Gen. Tech. Rep. NE-148. Radnor, PA: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northeastern Forest Experiment Station: 550-555.
Publication Series: General Technical Report (GTR)
Station: Northeastern Research Station
PDF: View PDF (415.2 KB)
DescriptionFrom its inception during World War II, the wooden pallet industry has grown to become the Nation's largest industrial consumer of hardwood lumber products. Since most of the raw material in wooden pallets is lower grade lumber, the pallet industry's growth, efficiency, and changing raw material inputs must be of concern to the grade hardwood lumber industry, the fine-hardwood lumber-using sectors, and hardwood resource investors and managers.
- Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat.
- During the capture process some typographical errors may occur.
- Please contact Sharon Hobrla, email@example.com if you notice any errors which make this publication unusable.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationDempsey, G.P.; Martens, D.G. 1991. The pallet industry: a changing hardwood market. In: McCormick, Larry H.; Gottschalk, Kurt W., eds. Proceedings, 8th Central Hardwood Forest Conference; 1991 March 4-6; University Park, PA. Gen. Tech. Rep. NE-148. Radnor, PA: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northeastern Forest Experiment Station: 550-555.
- Changes and Trends in the Pallet Industry: The Use of New Wood Materials
- The shaping-lathe headrig-- key to utilization of hardwoods growing on southern pine sites
- Quality distribution of pallet parts from low-grade lumber
XML: View XML