Skip to Main Content
TREEGRAD: a grading program for eastern hardwoodsAuthor(s): J.W. Stringer; D.W. Cremeans
Source: In: McCormick, Larry H.; Gottschalk, Kurt W., eds. Proceedings, 8th Central Hardwood Forest Conference; 1991 March 4-6; University Park, PA. Gen. Tech. Rep. NE-148. Radnor, PA: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northeastern Forest Experiment Station: 598-599.
Publication Series: General Technical Report (GTR)
Station: Northeastern Research Station
PDF: Download Publication (82.42 KB)
DescriptionAssigning tree grades to eastern hardwoods is often a difficult task for neophyte graders. Recently several "dichotomous keys" have been developed for training graders in the USFS hardwood tree grading system. TREEGRAD uses the Tree Grading Algorithm (TGA) for determining grades from defect location data and is designed to be used as a teaching aid.
- Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat.
- During the capture process some typographical errors may occur.
- Please contact Sharon Hobrla, firstname.lastname@example.org if you notice any errors which make this publication unusable.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationStringer, J.W.; Cremeans, D.W. 1991. TREEGRAD: a grading program for eastern hardwoods. In: McCormick, Larry H.; Gottschalk, Kurt W., eds. Proceedings, 8th Central Hardwood Forest Conference; 1991 March 4-6; University Park, PA. Gen. Tech. Rep. NE-148. Radnor, PA: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northeastern Forest Experiment Station: 598-599.
- Preliminary Full-Scale Tests of the Center for Automated Processing of Hardwoods' Auto-Image
- Automated Lumber Processing
- HaLT: A computerized training program for hardwood lumber graders
XML: View XML