Skip to Main Content
The economics of a threatened traditionAuthor(s): Richard Matthews
Source: Parker, Bruce. L.; Skinner, Margaret; Lewis, Trevor, eds. Towards Understanding Thysanoptera. Gen. Tech. Rep. NE-147. Radnor, PA: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northeastern Forest Experiment Station: 267-272.
Publication Series: General Technical Report (GTR)
Station: Northeastern Research Station
PDF: Download Publication (307.83 KB)
DescriptionWriting a magazine article on thrips in November for an issue of Country Journal that would appear three months later was a considerable challenge, and I apologize now for any mistakes you may find in it. Yet in the process of researching it, I talked to dozens of farmers who count heavily on their annual maple syrup production to supplement their incomes. It is this research into the micro-economics of the small-scale sugarmaker, I think, that prompted Bruce Parker to ask me to speak here.
- Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat.
- During the capture process some typographical errors may occur.
- Please contact Sharon Hobrla, firstname.lastname@example.org if you notice any errors which make this publication unusable.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationMatthews, Richard. 1991. The economics of a threatened tradition. Parker, Bruce. L.; Skinner, Margaret; Lewis, Trevor, eds. Towards Understanding Thysanoptera. Gen. Tech. Rep. NE-147. Radnor, PA: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northeastern Forest Experiment Station: 267-272.
- Comment on "Ethnicity as a variable in leisure research" by Li et al.
- Off-road vehicle trends
- A rule made to be broken: Research and education in Rocky Mountain National Park
XML: View XML