Skip to Main Content
LANDIS 4.0 users guide. LANDIS: a spatially explicit model of forest landscape disturbance, management, and successionAuthor(s): Hong S. He; Wei Li; Brian R. Sturtevant; Jian Yang; Bo Z. Shang; Eric J. Gustafson; David J. Mladenoff
Source: Gen. Tech. Rep. NC-263. St. Paul, MN: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, North Central Research Station. 93 p.
Publication Series: General Technical Report (GTR)
Station: North Central Research Station
Download Publication (4.62 MB)
DescriptionLANDIS 4.0 is new-generation software that simulates forest landscape change over large spatial and temporal scales. It is used to explore how disturbances, succession, and management interact to determine forest composition and pattern. Also describes software architecture, model assumptions and provides detailed instructions on the use of the model.
- Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat.
- During the capture process some typographical errors may occur.
- Please contact Sharon Hobrla, email@example.com if you notice any errors which make this publication unusable.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationHe, Hong S.; Li, Wei; Sturtevant, Brian R.; Yang, Jian; Shang, Bo Z.; Gustafson, Eric J.; Mladenoff, David J. 2005. LANDIS 4.0 users guide. LANDIS: a spatially explicit model of forest landscape disturbance, management, and succession. Gen. Tech. Rep. NC-263. St. Paul, MN: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, North Central Research Station. 93 p.
KeywordsSimulation model, landscape ecology, software documentation, decision support, forest management, manual
- Landscape Builder: software for the creation of initial landscapes for LANDIS from FIA data
- Design, development, and application of LANDIS-II, a spatial landscape simulation model with flexible temporal and spatial resolution
- Modeling epidemiological disturbances in LANDIS-II
XML: View XML