Skip to Main Content
Sampling protocol, estimation, and analysis procedures for the down woody materials indicator of the FIA programAuthor(s): Christopher W. Woodall; Vicente J. Monleon
Source: Gen. Tech. Rep. NRS-22. Newtown Square, PA: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northern Research Station. 68 p.
Publication Series: General Technical Report (GTR)
Station: Northern Research Station
Download Publication (5.06 MB)
DescriptionThe USDA Forest Service's Forest Inventory and Analysis program conducts an inventory of forests of the United States including down woody materials (DWM). In this report we provide the rationale and context for a national inventory of DWM, describe the components sampled, discuss the sampling protocol used and corresponding estimation procedures, and provide guidance on managing and processing DWM data and incorporating that information into inventory analysis and research projects.
- Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat.
- During the capture process some typographical errors may occur.
- Please contact Sharon Hobrla, email@example.com if you notice any errors which make this publication unusable.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationWoodall, Christopher W.; Monleon, Vicente J. 2008. Sampling protocol, estimation, and analysis procedures for the down woody materials indicator of the FIA program. Gen. Tech. Rep. NRS-22. Newtown Square, PA: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northern Research Station. 68 p.
Keywordsdown woody material, forest inventory, line-intersect sampling, coarse woody debris, fine woody debris
- Amounts of Down Woody Materials for Mixed-Oak Forests in Kentucky, Virginia, Tennessee, and North Carolina
- Sampling protocol, estimation, and analysis procedures for the down woody materials indicator of the FIA program
- Estimating forest floor fuels in eastern U.S. forests
XML: View XML