Skip to Main Content
Annual Forest Inventories for the North Central Region of the United StatesAuthor(s): Ronald E. McRoberts; Mark H. Hansen
Source: Journal of Agricultural, Biological, and Environmental Statistics
Publication Series: Scientific Journal (JRNL)
Station: North Central Research Station
PDF: View PDF (1.01 MB)
DescriptionThe primary objective in developing procedures for annual forest inventories for the north central region of the United States is to establish the capability of producing standard forest inventory and analysis estimates on an annual basis. The inventory system developed to accomplish this objective features several primary functions, including (1) an annual sample of measured field plots, (2) satellite-based remote sensing for stratification into land use and land use change classifications, (3) a database of current and past plot and tree infomation, and (4) models for predicting the growth and survival of trees not measured in the current year. The discussion focuses on specific features and options for each function.
- Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat.
- During the capture process some typographical errors may occur.
- Please contact Sharon Hobrla, email@example.com if you notice any errors which make this publication unusable.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationMcRoberts, Ronald E.; Hansen, Mark H. 1999. Annual Forest Inventories for the North Central Region of the United States. Journal of Agricultural, Biological, and Environmental Statistics
KeywordsGrowth models, Imputation, Remote sensing
- Evaluating imputation and modeling in the North Central region
- Diameter Growth Models Using Minnesota Forest Inventory and Analysis Data
- Potential applications of prefield land use and canopy cover data: Examples from nonforest and nonsampled forest inventory plots
XML: View XML