Skip to Main Content
Two New Species of Egg Parasitoids (Hymenoptera:Encyrtidae) of Wood-Boring Beetle Pests from ChinaAuthor(s): Yanzhou Zhang; Dawei Huang; Tonghai Zhao; Houping Liu; Leah S. Bauer
Source: Phytoparasitica. 53(3): 253-260.
Publication Series: Scientific Journal (JRNL)
Station: North Central Research Station
PDF: View PDF (191.38 KB)
DescriptionOobius agrili sp.n. and Avetianella xystrocerae sp.n. (Hymenoptera: Encyrtidae) are described from China. Morphological characters of the new species are illustrated. O. agrili is an egg parasitoid of the emerald ash borer Agrilus planipennis Fairmaire (Coleoptera: Buprestidae) and A. xystrocerae is an egg parasitoid of the wood borer Xystrocera globosa (Olivier) (Coleoptera: Cerambycidae). The two new species are potential biocontrol agents of economically important pest insects. The type specimens are deposited in the Institute of Zoology, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing (IZCAS).
- Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat.
- During the capture process some typographical errors may occur.
- Please contact Sharon Hobrla, email@example.com if you notice any errors which make this publication unusable.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationZhang, Yanzhou; Huang, Dawei; Zhao, Tonghai; Liu, Houping; Bauer, Leah S. 2005. Two New Species of Egg Parasitoids (Hymenoptera:Encyrtidae) of Wood-Boring Beetle Pests from China. Phytoparasitica 53:3, 2005
KeywordsHymenoptera, Encyrtidae, Oobius agrili sp.n., Avetianella xystrocerae sp.n., egg parasitoid, Agrilus planipennis, Xystrocera globosa, China
- Establishing Oobius agrili (Hymenoptera: Encyrtidae), the introduced egg parasitoid of emerald ash borer, in Michigan ash stands
- Development of methods for the field evaluation of Oobius agrili (Hymenoptera: Encyrtidae) in North America, a newly introduced egg parasitoid of the emerald ash borer (Coleoptera: Buprestidae)
- An improved method for monitoring parasitism and establishment of Oobius agrili (Hymenoptera: Encyrtidae), an egg parasitoid introduced for biological control of the emerald ash borer (Coleoptera: Buprestidae) in North America
XML: View XML