Skip to Main Content
Managing mountain hardwoods - a ten-year appraisalAuthor(s): George R., Jr. Trimble
Source: Station Paper NE-143. Upper Darby, PA: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northeastern Forest Experiment Station. 25 p.
Publication Series: Science Perspectives (SP)
Station: Northeastern Research Station
PDF: View PDF (4.77 MB)
DescriptionTen years ago - in 1949 - four 5-acre plots were established on the Fernow Experimental Forest near Parsons, West Virginia, to show the effects upon mountain hardwoods of each of four management treatments.
- Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat.
- During the capture process some typographical errors may occur.
- Please contact Sharon Hobrla, firstname.lastname@example.org if you notice any errors which make this publication unusable.
CitationTrimble, George R., Jr. 1961. Managing mountain hardwoods - a ten-year appraisal. Station Paper NE-143. Upper Darby, PA: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northeastern Forest Experiment Station. 25 p.
- A thermal comparison among several beverage can solar collectors.
- Rate of Perimeter Increase Related to Timber Spread Index and Northeastern Fuel Types
- Forest Health Monitoring in Maryland 1996-1999
XML: View XML