Skip to Main Content
Due to a lapse in federal funding, this USDA website will not be actively updated. Once funding has been reestablished, online operations will continue.
Effects of Market Prices and Silvicultural Practices on Lumber Value of Standing Trees In Uneven-Ages PlotsAuthor(s): David W. Patterson
Source: Improving Forest Productivity for Timber...A Key to Sustainability Conference Proceedings
Publication Series: Miscellaneous Publication
PDF: View PDF (71 KB)
DescriptionUneven-aged management plots were established using three variables (site index, basal area, and maximum diameter). This study looked at the significance of the variables on the lumber volume per acre, lumber value per thousand board feet (Mbf), and stand value per acre as well as the influence on these analysis by market prices (May 1997, May 1998, and October 1998). The results of analyzing lumber volume indicate all three independent variables were significant. With lumber value per Mbf, only maximum diameter was consistently significant while site index was close - only significant for the May 1997 market prices. In analyzing stand value per acre, all three variables proved to be significant.
- You may send email to email@example.com to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationPatterson, David W. 1998. Effects of Market Prices and Silvicultural Practices on Lumber Value of Standing Trees In Uneven-Ages Plots. Improving Forest Productivity for Timber...A Key to Sustainability Conference Proceedings
- Effects of stand and site variables on the lumber value of uneven-aged loblolly pine stands
- Hardwood timber sales on state forests in Indiana: characteristics influencing costs and prices
- The "great" price spike of '93: an analysis of lumber and stumpage prices in the Pacific Northwest.
XML: View XML