Skip to Main Content
A revised managers handbook for red pine in the North Central RegionAuthor(s): Daniel W. Gilmore; Brian J. Palik
Source: Gen. Tech. Rep. NC-264. St. Paul, MN: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, North Central Research Station. 55 p.
Publication Series: General Technical Report (GTR)
Station: North Central Research Station
Download Publication (1.29 MB)
DescriptionThis new version of the Red Pine Managers Guide gathers up-to-date information from many disciplines to address a wide range of red pine management issues. It provides guidance on managing red pine on extended rotations with a focus on landscape-scale objectives along with the traditional forest management tools focusing on production silviculture. The insect and disease portion of this guide has been expanded to include the latest information on forest protection.
- Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat.
- During the capture process some typographical errors may occur.
- Please contact Sharon Hobrla, firstname.lastname@example.org if you notice any errors which make this publication unusable.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationGilmore, Daniel W.; Palik, Brian J. 2006. A revised managers handbook for red pine in the North Central Region. Gen. Tech. Rep. NC-264. St. Paul, MN: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, North Central Research Station. 55 p.
KeywordsForest health, forest protection, growth and yield, landscape management, silviculture
- Introduction to the Red Pine SAF Region V Technical Conference, March 26-27, 2002
- Multiple diseases impact survival of pine species planted in red spine stands harvested in spatially variable retention patterns
- Forest floor fuels in red and jack pine stands
XML: View XML