Skip to Main Content
The northeastern area's objectives and beliefs toward national forests and grasslandsAuthor(s): Lori B. Shelby; Deborah J. Shields; Brian M. Kent
Source: In: LeBlanc, Cherie; Vogt, Christine, comps. Proceedings of the 2007 northeastern recreation research symposium; 2007 April 15-17; Bolton Landing, NY. Gen. Tech. Rep. NRS-P-23. Newtown Square, PA: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northern Research Station: 92-98.
Publication Series: Other
Station: Northern Research Station
PDF: View PDF (420.07 KB)
DescriptionThe Northeastern Area, an organizational unit of the State and Private Forestry branch of the U.S. Forest Service, serves the Northeastern and Midwestern United States. For this study, residents of the Northeastern Area were asked about their objectives for the management, use, and conservation of forests and grasslands and beliefs about the role the Forest Service should play in fulfilling those objectives on public land. This paper summarizes the Northeastern Area results and compares these results with the other states.
- Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat.
- During the capture process some typographical errors may occur.
- Please contact Sharon Hobrla, firstname.lastname@example.org if you notice any errors which make this publication unusable.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationShelby, Lori B.; Shields, Deborah J.; Miller, Michael D.; Kent, Brian M. 2008. The northeastern area''s objectives and beliefs toward national forests and grasslands. In: LeBlanc, Cherie; Vogt, Christine, comps. Proceedings of the 2007 northeastern recreation research symposium; 2007 April 15-17; Bolton Landing, NY. Gen. Tech. Rep. NRS-P-23. Newtown Square, PA: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northern Research Station: 92-98.
- The Northeastern area's objectives and beliefs responses regarding forests and grasslands: 2004 survey results
- Futures project anticipates changes and challenges facing forests of the northern United States
- Who starts forest fires in Maine - and how?
XML: View XML