Skip to Main Content
Destinations and accommodations--how linked are they from a customer's perspective?Author(s): Mi Ran Kim; Christine Vogt; Annette Rummel
Source: In: LeBlanc, Cherie; Vogt, Christine, comps. Proceedings of the 2007 northeastern recreation research symposium; 2007 April 15-17; Bolton Landing, NY. Gen. Tech. Rep. NRS-P-23. Newtown Square, PA: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northern Research Station: 100-106.
Publication Series: Other
Station: Northern Research Station
PDF: Download Publication (377.59 KB)
DescriptionSuccess in the hotel and tourism industry depends on understanding the key factors of customer satisfaction. Customer satisfaction leads to purchase repetition, intention to revisit, and potential increased future patronage of the hotel. The purpose of this research is to better understand (1) the factors that influence overnight accommodation decisions; (2) how these factors relate to satisfaction ratings for a variety of accommodation and destination elements; and (3) how these factors and satisfaction ratings relate to return visitation and/or making positive recommendations to others. Results indicate that some hotel services and facilities had significant influence on hotel satisfaction ratings.
- Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat.
- During the capture process some typographical errors may occur.
- Please contact Sharon Hobrla, firstname.lastname@example.org if you notice any errors which make this publication unusable.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationKim, Mi Ran; Vogt, Christine; Rummel, Annette. 2008. Destinations and accommodations--how linked are they from a customer''s perspective?. In: LeBlanc, Cherie; Vogt, Christine, comps. Proceedings of the 2007 northeastern recreation research symposium; 2007 April 15-17; Bolton Landing, NY. Gen. Tech. Rep. NRS-P-23. Newtown Square, PA: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northern Research Station: 100-106.
- Customer service and overall satisfaction with angling experiences
- Attachments to places and activities: the relationship of psychological constructs to customer satisfaction attributes
- Assessing indicators relating to overall tourist satisfaction of ecotourism developments in eastern North Carolina
XML: View XML