Skip to Main Content
Visitors' perceptions of tourism development in West VirginiaAuthor(s): Jinyang Deng; Maureen Young Bender
Source: In: LeBlanc, Cherie; Vogt, Christine, comps. Proceedings of the 2007 northeastern recreation research symposium; 2007 April 15-17; Bolton Landing, NY. Gen. Tech. Rep. NRS-P-23. Newtown Square, PA: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northern Research Station: 181-188.
Publication Series: Other
Station: Northern Research Station
PDF: View PDF (444.05 KB)
DescriptionPrevious studies indicate that tourists' destination choices are increasingly influenced by perceptions of sustainability but research into tourists' insights and sensitivities about sustainability is lacking. This study examines how visitors to West Virginia perceive tourism development in the state. Findings indicate that visitors' perceptions are basically homogeneous and that they are more concerned about environmental and socio-cultural sustainability than about economic sustainability.
- Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat.
- During the capture process some typographical errors may occur.
- Please contact Sharon Hobrla, firstname.lastname@example.org if you notice any errors which make this publication unusable.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationDeng, Jinyang; Bender, Maureen Young. 2008. Visitors'' perceptions of tourism development in West Virginia. In: LeBlanc, Cherie; Vogt, Christine, comps. Proceedings of the 2007 northeastern recreation research symposium; 2007 April 15-17; Bolton Landing, NY. Gen. Tech. Rep. NRS-P-23. Newtown Square, PA: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northern Research Station: 181-188.
- Swamp tours in Louisiana post Hurricane Katrina and Hurricane Rita
- Perceptions of and preferences for fee program dollar utilization among wilderness visitors
- A comparison of tourists and local visitors to National Estuarine Research Reserve sites
XML: View XML