Skip to Main Content
Lonchocarpus rugosus Benth.Author(s): Nadia Navarrete-Tindall; Hugo Aragon
Source: In: Vozzo, J. A., ed. Tropical Tree Seed Manual: Part II, Species Descriptions. Agric. Handb. 712. Washington, DC: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service: 551-552
Publication Series: Scientific Journal (JRNL)
Station: North Central Research Station
PDF: View PDF (262.26 KB)
DescriptionLonchocarpus rugosus is native to southern Mexico and Central America. Other Lonchocarpus species reported in El Salvador are L. atropurpureus Benth., L. minimiflorus Donn. Smith, L. peninsularis (Donn. Smith) Pittier, L. phaseolifolius Benth., and L. salvadorensis Pittier (Berendsohn 1989, Witsberger and others 1982).
- Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat.
- During the capture process some typographical errors may occur.
- Please contact Sharon Hobrla, firstname.lastname@example.org if you notice any errors which make this publication unusable.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationNavarrete-Tindall, Nadia; Aragon, Hugo. 2002. Lonchocarpus rugosus Benth. In: Vozzo, J. A., ed. Tropical Tree Seed Manual: Part II, Species Descriptions. Agric. Handb. 712. Washington, DC: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service: 551-552
KeywordsArripin, black cabbage bark, canansin, canasin, catzin, chaperno, chapulaltapa, masicaran, masicaron, matabuy, and matachalpul
- First report of the white pine blister rust fungus, Cronartium ribicola, on Pedicularis bracteosa
- First report of the white pine blister rust fungus, Cronartium ribicola, infecting Ribes inerme in north-central Utah
- Biology and pathology of Ribes and their implications for management of white pine blister rust
XML: View XML