Skip to Main Content
Type studies of corticioid Hymenomycetes described by BresadolaAuthor(s): Karen K. Nakasone
Source: Cryptogamie, Mycologie. 29(3): 231-257.
Publication Series: Scientific Journal (JRNL)
Station: Northern Research Station
PDF: View PDF (319.59 KB)
DescriptionTwenty-six type specimens of corticioid basidiomycetes in the genera Corticium, Cytidia, Grandinia, Hydnum, Kneiffia, Merulius, Odontia, Peniophora and Radulum described by Bresadola, alone or with others, were examined. The new taxon, Phlebia cryptocystidiata, is described and illustrated, and an epitype for Hydnum flavicans is designated. Ten new combinations are proposed: Cristinia eichleri, Dendrothele crustulina, Hyphoderma crustulinum, Hyphodermella rosae, Kneiffiella stereicola, Odonticium flavicans, Phanerochaete queletii, Resupinatus stictoideus, Scytinostroma quintasianum, and Thujacorticium zurhausenii. The following thirteen taxa were found to be synonyms: Corticium aureolum (= Cerocorticium molle), Corticium leprosum (= Ramaricium polyporoideum), Corticium lloydii (= Phanerochaete burtii), Corticium luteum (= Gloeocystidiellum luridum), Cytidia wettsteinii (= R. stictoideus) Grandinia bondarzewii (= Intextomyces contiguus), Grandinia schweinitzii (= Radulomyces cremoricolor), Kneiffia frangulae (= Cylindrobasidium evolvens), Odontia brassicicola (= Sistotrema brinkmannii), Odontia cremorina (= Hyphodontia bugellensis), Odontia pannosa (= Hyphodermella corrugata ), Odontia torrendii (= Dentipellis leptodon), and Peniophora subcremea (= Hypochnicium eremicolor). Four taxa could not be identified to species: Hydnum ochroleucum (= Mycorrhaphium sp.), Merulius fuscescens, Merulius tessellatus (Sclerodermatineae or Paxillineae), and Odontia lilacina (= Grammothele sp).
- Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat.
- During the capture process some typographical errors may occur.
- Please contact Sharon Hobrla, email@example.com if you notice any errors which make this publication unusable.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationNakasone, Karen K. 2008. Type studies of corticioid Hymenomycetes described by Bresadola. Cryptogamie, Mycologie. 29(3): 231-257.
- Type studies of corticioid Hymenomycetes (Basidiomycota) with aculei
- Fungal Biodiversity Profiles 51-60
- Type studies of corticioid Hymenomycetes (Basidiomycota) with aculei - Part II
XML: View XML