Skip to Main Content
Carbon dioxide exchange between an undisturbed old-growth temperate forest and the atmosphereAuthor(s): D.Y. Hollinger; F.M. Kelliher; J.N. Byers; J.E. Hunt; T.M. McSeveny; P.L. Weir
Source: Ecology. 75(1): 134-150.
Publication Series: Scientific Journal (JRNL)
Station: Northern Research Station
PDF: Download Publication (639.65 KB)
DescriptionWe used the eddy-correlation technique to investigate the exchange of C02 between an undisturbed old-growth forest and the atmosphere at a remote Southern Hemisphere site on 15 d between 1989 and 1990. Our goal was to determine how environmental factors regulate ecosystem CO2 exchange, and to test whether present knowledge of leaf-level processes was sufficient to understand ecosystem-level exchange.
- Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat.
- During the capture process some typographical errors may occur.
- Please contact Sharon Hobrla, email@example.com if you notice any errors which make this publication unusable.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationHollinger, D.Y.; Kelliher, F.M.; Byers, J.N.; Hunt, J.E.; McSeveny, T.M.; Weir, P.L. 1994. Carbon dioxide exchange between an undisturbed old-growth temperate forest and the atmosphere. Ecology. 75(1): 134-150.
Keywordsatmospheric turbulence, canopy, CO2 exchange vs. PPFD, daytime ecosystem light use efficiency, eddy correlation, gas exchange, nocturnal CO2 flux, Nothofagus, southern hemisphere old-growth forest
- El Nino Southern Oscillation (ENSO) enhances CO2 exchange rates in freshwater marsh ecosystems in the Florida Everglades
- Age-class differences in shoot photosynthesis and water relations of Fraser fir (Abies fraseri), southern Appalachian Mountains, USA
- Carbon dioxide exchange rates from short- and long-hydroperiod Everglades freshwater marsh
XML: View XML