Skip to Main Content
Diameter Growth Models for Inventory ApplicationsAuthor(s): Ronald E. McRoberts; Christopher W. Woodall; Veronica C. Lessard; Margaret R. Holdaway
Source: In: Crookston, Nicholas L.; Havis, Robert N., comps. Second Forest Vegetation Simulator Conference; 2002 February 12-14; Fort Collins, CO. Proc. RMRS-P-25. Ogden, UT: US Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Rocky Mountain Research Station: 158-163
Publication Series: Scientific Journal (JRNL)
Station: North Central Research Station
PDF: View PDF (1.05 MB)
DescriptionDistant-independent, individual-tree, diametar growth models were constructed to update information for forest inventory plots measured in previous years. The models are nonlinear in the parameters and were calibrated weighted nonlinear least squares techniques and forest inventory plot data. Analyses of residuals indicated that model predictions compare favorably to another regional diameter growth model and may be considered unbiased for their intended application. In addition, the models provide for estimation of model prediction uncertainties and may be easily recalibrated, The final model calibrations were by species within each of three ecological provinces in the North Central United States.
- Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat.
- During the capture process some typographical errors may occur.
- Please contact Sharon Hobrla, firstname.lastname@example.org if you notice any errors which make this publication unusable.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationMcRoberts, Ronald E.; Woodall, Christopher W.; Lessard, Veronica C.; Holdaway, Margaret R. 2002. Diameter Growth Models for Inventory Applications. In: Crookston, Nicholas L.; Havis, Robert N., comps. Second Forest Vegetation Simulator Conference; 2002 February 12-14; Fort Collins, CO. Proc. RMRS-P-25. Ogden, UT: US Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Rocky Mountain Research Station: 158-163
- Diameter Growth Models Using Minnesota Forest Inventory and Analysis Data
- Diameter growth models using FIA data from the Northeastern, Southern, and North Central Research Stations
- Updating Indiana Annual Forest Inventory and Analysis Plot Data Using Eastern Broadleaf Forest Diameter Growth Models
XML: View XML