Skip to Main Content
Initial assessment of multi-scale measures of C02 and H20 flux in the Siberian taigaAuthor(s): D.Y. Hollinger; F.M. Kelliher; E.-D. Schulze; N.N. Vygodskaya; A. Varlagin; I. Milukova; J.N. Byers; A. Sogachov; J.E. Hunt; T.M. McSeveny; K.I. Kobak; G. Bauer; A. Arneth
Source: Journal of Biogeography. 22: 425-431.
Publication Series: Scientific Journal (JRNL)
Station: Northern Research Station
PDF: View PDF (231.92 KB)
DescriptionWe measured CO2 and H2O fluxes between undisturbed Larix gmelinii forest and the atmosphere at a remote Eastern Siberian site in July 1993. Scaled-up leaf-level porometer measurements agreed with those derived from the eddy correlation technique for the canopy fluxes of CO2 and H2O. Patch-scale measurements of ecosystem CO2 exchange agreed in turn with regional CO2 exchange rates derived from aircraft measurements made throughout the convective boundary layer.
- Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat.
- During the capture process some typographical errors may occur.
- Please contact Sharon Hobrla, email@example.com if you notice any errors which make this publication unusable.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationHollinger, D.Y.; Kelliher, F.M.; Schulze, E.-D.; Vygodskaya, N.N.; Varlagin, A.; Milukova, I.; Byers, J.N.; Sogachov, A.; Hunt, J.E.; McSeveny, T.M.; Kobak, K.I.; Bauer, G.; Arneth, A. 1995. Initial assessment of multi-scale measures of C02 and H20 flux in the Siberian taiga. Journal of Biogeography. 22: 425-431.
KeywordsCO2, eddy correlation, Larix, convective boundary layer, boreal forest
- Forest-atmosphere carbon dioxide exchange in eastern Siberia
- Soil respiration of the Dahurian Larch (Larix gmelinii) forest and the response to fire disturbance in Da Xing'an Mountains, China
- Stand-level factors associated with resurging mortality from eastern larch beetle (Dendroctonus simplex LeConte)
XML: View XML