Skip to Main Content
Forest resources of Louisiana, 1991Author(s): James F. Rosson
Source: Resour. Bull. SO-192. New Orleans, Louisiana: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Southern Forest Experiment Station. 78 p.
Publication Series: Resource Bulletin (RB)
Station: Southern Forest Experiment Station
Download Publication (2.4 MB)
DescriptionThe findings of the sixth Louisiana forest survey are summarized in this report. The survey is administered by the U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Southern Forest Experiment Station, headquartered in New Orleans, Louisiana. The Forest Inventory and Analysis (SO-FIA) work unit located in Starkville, Mississippi, is responsible for conducting the surveys. The following seven Midsouth States are under the administration of the Southern Forest Experiment Station (listed in the order the surveys are conducted): Alabama, Louisiana, Texas, Oklahoma, Mississippi, Arkansas, and Tennessee. Louisiana is subdivided into five forest survey units (fig. 1): North Delta (Unit 1), South Delta (Unit 2), Southwest (Unit 3), Southeast (Unit 4), and Northwest (Unit 5). These divisions facilitate field work and data analysis because the unit boundaries are correlated fairly closely with the physiographic and vegetative regions of the State. Tables and figures present data for January 1,1991, as well as estimates of trends. Comparisons, unless otherwise noted, are made between estimates for January 1, 1984, and January 1, 1991. The appendix describes survey methods and data reliability, defines terms, lists common tree species, and provides 22 standard tables.
- You may send email to email@example.com to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationRosson, James F., Jr. 1995. Forest resources of Louisiana, 1991. Resour. Bull. SO-192. New Orleans, Louisiana: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Southern Forest Experiment Station. 78 p.
- Forest statistics for North Delta Louisiana parishes - 1991
- Forest statistics for North Mississippi counties - 1994
- Forest resources of Louisiana
XML: View XML