Skip to Main Content
The extent of selected non-native invasive plants on Missouri forestlandAuthor(s): W. Keith Moser; Mark H. Hansen; Mark D. Nelson
Source: In: Jacobs, Douglass F.; Michler, Charles H., eds. 2008. Proceedings, 16th Central Hardwood Forest Conference; 2008 April 8-9; West Lafayette, IN. Gen. Tech. Rep. NRS-P-24. Newtown Square, PA: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northern Research Station: 491-505.
Publication Series: Other
Station: Northern Research Station
PDF: View PDF (2.41 MB)
DescriptionThe Northern Research Station's Forest Inventory and Analysis Program (NRSFIA) collects forest-related data throughout a 24-state region in the northeastern United States, ranging from North Dakota to Maine and Kansas to Maryland. Based on discussions with stakeholders and others, NRS-FIA found that the impact of non-native invasive plants (NNIPs) may be known at the local level but their regional abundance, impact, range, and rate of spread are not well understood. In 2005 and 2006, NRS-FIA sampled for the presence and percent cover class of 25 selected non-native invasive species on forested plots in the Upper Midwest states. The species were selected based on the threat posed to our forested ecosystems, the extent of their range, detectability of these species in summer or winter, and level of interest by our stakeholders.
- Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat.
- During the capture process some typographical errors may occur.
- Please contact Sharon Hobrla, email@example.com if you notice any errors which make this publication unusable.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationMoser, W. Keith; Hansen, Mark H.; Nelson, Mark D. 2008. The extent of selected non-native invasive plants on Missouri forestland. In: Jacobs, Douglass F.; Michler, Charles H., eds. 2008. Proceedings, 16th Central Hardwood Forest Conference; 2008 April 8-9; West Lafayette, IN. Gen. Tech. Rep. NRS-P-24. Newtown Square, PA: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northern Research Station: 491-505.
- An assessment of common buckthorn in northern U.S. forests
- An assessment of autumn olive in northern U.S. forests
- An assessment of oriental bittersweet in northern U.S. forests
XML: View XML