Skip to Main Content
Figuring the Tax on Timberland IncomeAuthor(s): William C. Siegel
Source: National Woodlands, Vol. 22, No. 1, Jan. 1999, pgs. 21-23
Publication Series: Miscellaneous Publication
PDF: Download Publication (71 KB)
DescriptionForest landowners whose timber related activities are considered to be a business may be liable for the self-employment tax. This tax applies to sole proprietors, independent contractors, members of a partnership, and owners of limited liability companies. Its purpose is to provide Social Security and Medicare coverage to self-employed taxpayers.
- You may send email to email@example.com to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationSiegel, William C. 1999. Figuring the Tax on Timberland Income. National Woodlands, Vol. 22, No. 1, Jan. 1999, pgs. 21-23
- Self-organization and complexity in historical landscape patterns
- Genetic diversity and seed production in Santa Lucia fir (Abies bracteata),a relict of the Miocene broadleaved evergreen forest
- Tax Tips for Forest Landowners for the 1999 Tax Year
XML: View XML