Skip to Main Content
Mesoscale Simulations During the Double Trouble State Park Wildfire in East-Central New Jersey on June 2, 2002Author(s): Joseph J. Charney; Xindi Bian; Brian E. Potter; Warren E. Heilman
Source: In: Proceedings of the 10th Conference on Mesoscale Processes; 2003 June 23-27; Portland, OR. American Meteorological Society: n.p.
Publication Series: Scientific Journal (JRNL)
Station: North Central Research Station
PDF: View PDF (624.88 KB)
DescriptionThe 2000 fire season brought to the forefront the issue of severe wildland fires in the United States. To address the need for new research and for the development of predictive tools for the management of wildland fires, Congress allocated funding under the National Fire Plan (NFP) to better equip government agencies to fight and study forest fires. As part of the NFP research agenda, the Eastern Area Modeling Consortium (EAMC: http://www.ncrs.fs.fed.us/eamc/) was established as one of five Fire Consortia for the Advanced Modeling of Meteorology and Smoke (FCAMMS: http://www.fs.fed.us/fcamms/). The centerpiece of the EAMC is a PSU/NCAR MM5-based modeling system designed to improve understanding of interactions between mesoscale weather processes and fires, and to develop better smoke transport assessments and predictions.
- Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat.
- During the capture process some typographical errors may occur.
- Please contact Sharon Hobrla, firstname.lastname@example.org if you notice any errors which make this publication unusable.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationCharney, Joseph J.; Bian, Xindi; Potter, Brian E.; Heilman, Warren E. 2003. Mesoscale Simulations During the Double Trouble State Park Wildfire in East-Central New Jersey on June 2, 2002. In: Proceedings of the 10th Conference on Mesoscale Processes; 2003 June 23-27; Portland, OR. American Meteorological Society: n.p.
- Low Level Impacts on Fire Evolution in the Mack Lake and Other Severe Wildfires
- The southern high-resolution modeling consortium - a source for research and operational collaboration
- Combining turbulent kinetic energy and Haines Index predictions for fire-weather assessments
XML: View XML