Skip to Main Content
Types of Timberland OwnershipAuthor(s): William C. Siegel
Source: National Woodlands, Vol. 22, No. 3, July 1999
Publication Series: Miscellaneous Publication
PDF: Download Publication (100 KB)
DescriptionThe form of ownership in which you hold your woodland is important from a tax standpoint. Further, if your forest property is structured as a business, the type of business organization chosen also has significant tax implications. Additionally, non-tax factors bear on choosing an ownership and/or business format. These include forest management goals, size of the property, family considerations, and income needs. Each personal situation is different.
- You may send email to email@example.com to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationSiegel, William C. 1999. Types of Timberland Ownership. National Woodlands, Vol. 22, No. 3, July 1999
- Tax tips for forest landowners for the 2008 tax year
- Understanding Loss Deductions For Yard Trees
- Tax Tips for Forest Landowners for the 2006 Tax Year
XML: View XML