Skip to Main Content
Sole: Online Analysis of Southern FIA DataAuthor(s): Michael P. Spinney; Paul C. Van Deusen; Francis A. Roesch
Source: In: Proceedings of the sixth annual forest inventory and analysis symposium; 2004 September 21-24; Denver, CO. Gen. Tech. Rep. WO-70. Washington, DC: U.S. Department of Agriculture Forest Service. 126p.
Publication Series: General Technical Report (GTR)
Station: Washington Office
PDF: View PDF (732.15 KB)
DescriptionThe Southern On Line Estimator (SOLE) is a flexible modular software program for analyzing U.S. Department of Agriculture Forest Service Forest Inventory and Analysis data. SOLE produces statistical tables, figures, maps, and portable document format reports based on user selected area and variables. SOLE?s Java-based graphical user interface is easy to use, and its R-based analysis engine is fast and stable. Each of the program?s components (data retrieval, statistical analysis, and output) can be modified individually. This adaptability encourages outside development of analysis algorithms.
- Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat.
- During the capture process some typographical errors may occur.
- Please contact Sharon Hobrla, email@example.com if you notice any errors which make this publication unusable.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationSpinney, Michael P.; Van Deusen, Paul C.; Roesch, Francis A. 2006. Sole: Online Analysis of Southern FIA Data. In: Proceedings of the sixth annual forest inventory and analysis symposium; 2004 September 21-24; Denver, CO. Gen. Tech. Rep. WO-70. Washington, DC: U.S. Department of Agriculture Forest Service. 126p.
- SOLE: enhanced FIA data analysis capabilities
- Challenges of working with FIADB17 data: the SOLE experience
- On-Line Analysis of Southern FIA Data
XML: View XML