Skip to Main Content
CEASAW: A User-Friendly Computer Environment Analysis for the Sawmill OwnerAuthor(s): Guillermo Mendoza; William Sprouse; Philip A. Araman; William G. Luppold
Source: Proceedings, 1991 Symposium on Systems Analysis in Forest Resources. pp. 173-179.
Publication Series: Miscellaneous Publication
PDF: View PDF (59 KB)
DescriptionImproved spreadsheet software capabilities have brought optimization to users with little or no background in mathematical programming. Better interface capabilities of spreadsheet models now make it possible to combine optimization models with a spreadsheet system. Sawmill production and inventory systems possess many features that make them suitable application environments for spreadsheet optimization. This paper describes a spreadsheet model that optimizes log allocation and lumber production.
- You may send email to firstname.lastname@example.org to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationMendoza, Guillermo; Sprouse, William; Araman, Philip A.; Luppold, William G. 1991. CEASAW: A User-Friendly Computer Environment Analysis for the Sawmill Owner. Proceedings, 1991 Symposium on Systems Analysis in Forest Resources. pp. 173-179.
- An Integrated Management Support and Production Control System for Hardwood Forest Products
- Combined Log Inventory and Process Simulation Models for the Planning and Control of Sawmill Operations
- Spreadsheet Analysis of Harvesting Systems
XML: View XML