Skip to Main Content
A stump-to-truck cost estimating program for cable logging young-growth Douglas-firAuthor(s): Chris B. LeDoux
Source: The Compiler 7(1):9-10
Publication Series: Scientific Journal (JRNL)
Station: Northern Research Station
PDF: Download Publication (298.84 KB)
DescriptionWCOST is a computer program designed to estimate the stump-to-truck logging cost of cable logging young-growth Douglas-fir. The program uses data from stand inventory, cruise data, and the logging plan for the tract in question to produce detailed stump-to-truck cost estimates for specific proposed timber sales. These estimates are then used, in combination with specific landowner objectives, to assess the economic feasibility of cable logging a given area. The program output is summarized in tabular format by harvesting component. Input parameters also are presented in a summary table.
- Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat.
- During the capture process some typographical errors may occur.
- Please contact Sharon Hobrla, email@example.com if you notice any errors which make this publication unusable.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationLeDoux, Chris B. 1989. A stump-to-truck cost estimating program for cable logging young-growth Douglas-fir. The Compiler 7(1):9-10
- Stump-to-mill timber production cost equations for cable logging eastern hardwoods
- Stump-to-truck cable logging cost equations for young-growth douglas-fir
- A stump-to-mill timber production cost-estimating program for cable logging eastern hardwoods
XML: View XML