Skip to Main Content
Evaluating imputation and modeling in the North Central regionAuthor(s): Ronald E. McRoberts
Source: In: McRoberts, Ronald E.; Reams, Gregory A.; Van Deusen, Paul C., eds. Proceedings of the First Annual Forest Inventory and Analysis Symposium; Gen. Tech. Rep. NC-213. St. Paul, MN: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, North Central Research Station: 43-48
Publication Series: General Technical Report (GTR)
Station: North Central Research Station
PDF: Download Publication (559.24 KB)
DescriptionThe objectives of the North Central Research Station, USDA Forest Service, in developing procedures for annual forest inventories include establishing the capability of producing annual estimates of timber volume and related variables. The inventory system developed to accomplish these objectives features an annual sample of measured field plots and techniques for updating data for plots measured in previous years. This paper describes and evaluates the feasibility of updating techniques and,compares the bias and precision of the annual estimates they produce. The analyses indicated that simple, plot-level imputation and modeling techniques produced adequately unbiased and precise estimates of basal area per acre for large area estimates.
- Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat.
- During the capture process some typographical errors may occur.
- Please contact Sharon Hobrla, email@example.com if you notice any errors which make this publication unusable.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationMcRoberts, Ronald E. 2000. Evaluating imputation and modeling in the North Central region. In: McRoberts, Ronald E.; Reams, Gregory A.; Van Deusen, Paul C., eds. Proceedings of the First Annual Forest Inventory and Analysis Symposium; Gen. Tech. Rep. NC-213. St. Paul, MN: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, North Central Research Station: 43-48
- Imputatoin and Model-Based Updating Technique for Annual Forest Inventories
- Background for AFIS, the Annual Forrest Inventory System
- Estimating Uncertainty in Annual Forest Inventory Estimates
XML: View XML