Skip to Main Content
Due to a lapse in federal funding, this USDA website will not be actively updated. Once funding has been reestablished, online operations will continue.
Maine's annual inventory: state perspectivesAuthor(s): Kenneth M. Laustsen
Source: In: McRoberts, Ronald E.; Reams, Gregory A.; Van Deusen, Paul C., eds. Proceedings of the First Annual Forest Inventory and Analysis Symposium; Gen. Tech. Rep. NC-213. St. Paul, MN: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, North Central Research Station: 55-57
Publication Series: General Technical Report (GTR)
Station: North Central Research Station
PDF: View PDF (228.46 KB)
DescriptionIn 1999, Maine became the first northeastern state to begin implementing the USDA Forest Service's annual inventory system as directed by PL 105- 185, the Agricultural Research, Extension, and Education Reform Act of 1998. The Maine Forest Service, in collaboration with Forest Inventory and Analysis program of the Northeastern Research Station of the USDA Forest Service is currently measuring Panel #1, a 20-percent component of the annual inventory design. This paper covers five major topics: the implementation plan, training and measurement progress, data analysis, reporting goals, and conclusions.
- Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat.
- During the capture process some typographical errors may occur.
- Please contact Sharon Hobrla, firstname.lastname@example.org if you notice any errors which make this publication unusable.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationLaustsen, Kenneth M. 2000. Maine''s annual inventory: state perspectives. In: McRoberts, Ronald E.; Reams, Gregory A.; Van Deusen, Paul C., eds. Proceedings of the First Annual Forest Inventory and Analysis Symposium; Gen. Tech. Rep. NC-213. St. Paul, MN: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, North Central Research Station: 55-57
- Assessing Regeneration Adequacy In Pennsylvania's Forests: A Pilot Study
- Annual inventory report for Pennsylvania's forests: results from the first two years.
- Annual inventory report for Pennsylvania's forests: results from the first three years
XML: View XML