Skip to Main Content
A comparison of several techniques for imputing tree level dataAuthor(s): David Gartner
Source: In: McRoberts, Ronald E.; Reams, Gregory A.; Van Deusen, Paul C.; Moser, John W., eds. Proceedings of the Thrid Annual Forest Inventory and Analysis Symposium; Gen. Tech. Rep. NC-230. St. Paul, MN: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, North Central Research Station: 103-108
Publication Series: General Technical Report (GTR)
Station: North Central Research Station
PDF: Download Publication (85.47 KB)
DescriptionAs Forest Inventory and Analysis (FIA) changes from periodic surveys to the multipanel annual survey, new analytical methods become available. The current official statistic is the moving average. One alternative is an updated moving average. Several methods of updating plot per acre volume have been discussed previously. However, these methods may not be appropriate for updating more detailed data such as diameter distribution and species composition tables. Several methods for updating these more detailed data will be compared. Methods to be compared include imputing whole tree lists from donor plots and imputing all the individual trees for each plot. The data from the last periodic survey of Georgia and Georgia's first panel will be used to compare the different imputation methods.
- Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat.
- During the capture process some typographical errors may occur.
- Please contact Sharon Hobrla, email@example.com if you notice any errors which make this publication unusable.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationGartner, David; Reams, Greg. 2002. A comparison of several techniques for imputing tree level data. In: McRoberts, Ronald E.; Reams, Gregory A.; Van Deusen, Paul C.; Moser, John W., eds. Proceedings of the Thrid Annual Forest Inventory and Analysis Symposium; Gen. Tech. Rep. NC-230. St. Paul, MN: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, North Central Research Station: 103-108
- A Comparison of Several Techniques For Estimating The Average Volume Per Acre For Multipanel Data With Missing Panels
- Mixed Estimation for a Forest Survey Sample Design
- Mississippi, 2010 forest inventory and analysis factsheet
XML: View XML