Skip to Main Content
Various aspects of sustainability analysis in GeorgiaAuthor(s): C. J. Cieszewski; M. Zasada; B. E. Borders; R. Lowe; M. L. Clutter; R. F. Daniels; R. Izlar
Source: In: McRoberts, Ronald E.; Reams, Gregory A.; Van Deusen, Paul C.; Moser, John W., eds. Proceedings of the Thrid Annual Forest Inventory and Analysis Symposium; Gen. Tech. Rep. NC-230. St. Paul, MN: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, North Central Research Station: 180-187
Publication Series: General Technical Report (GTR)
Station: North Central Research Station
PDF: View PDF (169.96 KB)
DescriptionIn 2001 the Georgia Traditional Industries Program (TIP) sponsored a cooperative study at the D.B. Warnell School of Forest Resources, University of Georgia, to analyze the long-term sustainability of the fiber supply in Georgia. The subject of this study is relevant to a diverse array of disciplines, and it offers the opportunity to explore various aspects of sustainability not directly related to the supply of fiber or timber alone. Examples of such aspects include studies of biomass densities and production, carbon densities, sequestration and credits, and landscape changes. We describe some of the technical aspects of data pooling and compilation, program settings and assumptions, and initial findings relating to this study.
- Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat.
- During the capture process some typographical errors may occur.
- Please contact Sharon Hobrla, email@example.com if you notice any errors which make this publication unusable.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationCieszewski, C. J.; Zasada, M.; Borders, B. E.; Lowe , R.; Clutter, M. L.; Daniels, R. F.; Izlar, R. 2002. Various aspects of sustainability analysis in Georgia. In: McRoberts, Ronald E.; Reams, Gregory A.; Van Deusen, Paul C.; Moser, John W., eds. Proceedings of the Thrid Annual Forest Inventory and Analysis Symposium; Gen. Tech. Rep. NC-230. St. Paul, MN: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, North Central Research Station: 180-187
- Effect of configuration and some processing variables on the properties of wood fiber-polyethylene composites
- Correlation of fiber shape measures with dilute suspension properties
- A strategy for prediction of the elastic properties of epoxy-cellulose nanocrystal-reinforced fiber networks
XML: View XML