Skip to Main Content
A simplified Forest Inventory and Analysis database: FIADB-LiteAuthor(s): Patrick D. Miles
Source: Gen. Tech. Rep. NRS-30. Newtown Square, PA: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northern Research Station. 42 p.
Publication Series: General Technical Report (GTR)
Station: Northern Research Station
Download Publication (881.33 KB)
DescriptionThis publication is a simplified version of the Forest Inventory and Analysis Data Base (FIADB) for users who do not need to compute sampling errors and may find the FIADB unnecessarily complex. Possible users include GIS specialists who may be interested only in identifying and retrieving geographic information and per acre values for the set of plots used in producing forest statistics for a state report. Application developers and modelers may also find FIADB-Lite useful. In FIADB-Lite, the set of plots used in producing forest statistics for a state report can be identified by a single variable, and data processing has been simplified by combining information found in three tables into a single table.
- Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat.
- During the capture process some typographical errors may occur.
- Please contact Sharon Hobrla, email@example.com if you notice any errors which make this publication unusable.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationMiles, Patrick D. 2008. A simplified Forest Inventory and Analysis database: FIADB-Lite. Gen. Tech. Rep. NRS-30. Newtown Square, PA: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northern Research Station. 42 p.
Keywordsinventory, forest statistics, information management, database
- Area change reporting using the desktop FIADB
- Statistics and quality assurance for the Northern Research Station Forest Inventory and Analysis Program, 2016
- Statistics and quality assurance for the Northern Research Station Forest Inventory and Analysis Program
XML: View XML