Skip to Main Content
North Dakota's forest resources in 2004Author(s): David Haugen; Gary Brand; Michael Kangas
Source: Resour. Bull. NC-258. St. Paul, MN: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, North Central Research Station. 20 p.
Publication Series: Resource Bulletin (RB)
Station: North Central Research Station
View PDF (698.79 KB)
DescriptionResults of the combined 2001-2004 annual forest inventory panels for North Dakota show more than 733 thousand acres of forest land that contain an estimated 737 million cubic feet of all live tree volume or approximately 1,005 cubic feet per forest land acre. Timberland area in North Dakota was estimated at 547 thousand acres, with an estimated 358 million cubic feet of growing-stock volume or approximately 654 cubic feet per timberland acre. All live aboveground tree biomass on timberland is estimated at 16 million dry tons per approximately 32 tons per timberland acre. Forest pests that are damaging North Dakota's forested resources include yellow-headed spruce sawfly, forest tent caterpillar, and Dutch elm disease.
- Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat.
- During the capture process some typographical errors may occur.
- Please contact Sharon Hobrla, firstname.lastname@example.org if you notice any errors which make this publication unusable.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationHaugen, David; Brand, Gary; Kangas, Michael. 2006. North Dakota''s forest resources in 2004. Resour. Bull. NC-258. St. Paul, MN: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, North Central Research Station. 20 p.
KeywordsAnnual inventory, forest area, forest type, volume, biomass, North Dakota
- North Dakota's forest resources in 2002.
- Minnesota's forest resources in 2001
- Minnesota's forest resources in 2002
XML: View XML