Skip to Main Content
Emerald ash borer survival in firewoodAuthor(s): Robert A. Haack; Toby R. Petrice
Source: In: Mastro, Victor; Reardon, Richard, comps. Emerald ash borer research and technology development meeting; 2003 September 30-October 1; Port Huron, MI. FHTET 2004-03. Morgantown, WV: U.S. Forest Service, Forest Health Technology Enterprise Team: 23.
Publication Series: Other
Station: Northern Research Station
PDF: View PDF (17.48 KB)
DescriptionThe emerald ash borer (EAB), Agrilus planipennis Fairmaire (Coleoptera: Buprestidae), is native to several countries in Asia (e.g., China, Korea, and Japan). EAB was discovered in Michigan and Ontario in 2002, and then in Ohio, Maryland, and Virginia in 2003. As of November 2003, EAB has only been found to infest ash (Fraxinus) trees in North America, although other hardwoods (e.g., Juglans, Pterocarya, Ulmus) are listed as hosts in Korea and Japan. EAB is spreading naturally through adult flight as well as artificially through movement of infested ash nursery stock, logs, and firewood.
- Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat.
- During the capture process some typographical errors may occur.
- Please contact Sharon Hobrla, email@example.com if you notice any errors which make this publication unusable.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationHaack, Robert A.; Petrice, Toby R. 2003. Emerald ash borer survival in firewood. In: Mastro, Victor; Reardon, Richard, comps. Emerald ash borer research and technology development meeting; 2003 September 30-October 1; Port Huron, MI. FHTET 2004-03. Morgantown, WV: U.S. Forest Service, Forest Health Technology Enterprise Team: 23.
- Host range of emerald ash borer
- Host range of the emerald ash borer (Agrilus planipennis Fairmaire) (Coleoptera: Buprestidae) in North America: Results of multiple-choice field experiments
- Oviposition and development of emerald ash borer (Agrilus planipennis) (Coleoptera: Buprestidae) on hosts and potential hosts in no-choice bioassays
XML: View XML