Skip to Main Content
Host range of emerald ash borerAuthor(s): Robert A. Haack; Toby R. Petrice; Deborah L. Miller; Leah S. Bauer; Nathan M. Schiff
Source: In: Mastro, Victor; Reardon, Richard, comps. Proceedings of the emerald ash borer research and technology development meeting; 2003 September 30 - October 1; Port Huron, MI. FHTET 2004-02. Morgantown, WV: U.S. Forest Service, Forest Health Technology Enterprise Team: 38.
Publication Series: Other
Station: Northern Research Station
PDF: View PDF (18.17 KB)
DescriptionThe emerald ash borer (EAB), Agrilus planipennis Fairmaire, is native to China, Korea, Japan, Mongolia, Russia, and Taiwan (Haack et al. 2002). Established populations of EAB were first discovered in Michigan and Ontario in 2002. Smaller populations, which resulted from human assisted movement of infested host material, were found in Ohio, Maryland, and Virginia in 2003. As of November 2003, EAB has only been found to attack ash (Fraxinus) trees in North America. Ash is the only host listed for EAB in China, and ash is also listed as a host in Japan. In Japan, ash, elm (Ulmus), walnut (Juglans) and wingnut (Pterocarya) are reported as hosts, while elm is listed as a host in Korea (Haack et al. 2002).
- Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat.
- During the capture process some typographical errors may occur.
- Please contact Sharon Hobrla, email@example.com if you notice any errors which make this publication unusable.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationHaack, Robert A.; Petrice, Toby R.; Miller, Deborah L.; Bauer, Leah S.; Schiff, Nathan M. 2003. Host range of emerald ash borer. In: Mastro, Victor; Reardon, Richard, comps. Emerald ash borer research and technology development meeting; 2003 September 30 - October 1; Port Huron, MI. FHTET 2004-03. Morgantown, WV: U.S. Forest Service, Forest Health Technology Enterprise Team: 38.
- Emerald ash borer survival in firewood
- Oviposition and development of emerald ash borer (Agrilus planipennis) (Coleoptera: Buprestidae) on hosts and potential hosts in no-choice bioassays
- Host range of the emerald ash borer (Agrilus planipennis Fairmaire) (Coleoptera: Buprestidae) in North America: Results of multiple-choice field experiments
XML: View XML