Skip to Main Content
Hunter-fisherman characteristics: factors in wildlife management and policy decisionsAuthor(s): Robert S. Bond; James C. Whittaker
Source: In: Larson, E.vH., ed. The Forest Recreation Symposium. State University of New York College of Forestry; 1971 October 12-14: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northeastern Forest Experiment Station. 128-134.
Publication Series: Other
Station: Northern Research Station
PDF: View PDF (1.13 MB)
DescriptionResearch on the characteristics and motivations of hunters and fishermen is examined for factors important to resource managers and policy-makers. Characteristics related to the learning experience, time for participation, utilization and accessibility of the resource base, and the type of fish and game harvested are considered. Motivational research, although in its infancy, suggests that participation in these sport activities has importance other than for only the taking of fish or game. In-depth motivation research is needed.
- Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat.
- During the capture process some typographical errors may occur.
- Please contact Sharon Hobrla, email@example.com if you notice any errors which make this publication unusable.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationBond, Robert S.; Whittaker, James C. 1971. Hunter-fisherman characteristics: factors in wildlife management and policy decisions. In: Larson, E.vH., ed. The Forest Recreation Symposium. State University of New York College of Forestry; 1971 October 12-14: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northeastern Forest Experiment Station. 128-134.
- Longitudinal analysis of fishing behavior among Texas anglers (1990-2006)
- Big game hunting practices, meanings, motivations and constraints: a survey of Oregon big game hunters
- Gender-based motivations of non-residential birdwatchers in New York state: a qualitative study
XML: View XML