Skip to Main Content
Laboratory rearing of emerald ash borerAuthor(s): Leah S. Bauer; Robert A. Haack; Deborah L. Miller; Houping Liu; Toby Petrice
Source: In: Mastro, Victor; Reardon, Richard, comps. Proceedings of the emerald ash borer research and technology development meeting; 2003 September 30 - October 1; Port Huron, MI. FHTET 2004-02. Morgantown, WV: U.S. Forest Service, Forest Health Technology Enterprise Team: 36-37.
Publication Series: Other
Station: Northern Research Station
PDF: Download Publication (18.87 KB)
DescriptionThe emerald ash borer (EAB), Agrilus planipennis Fairmaire (Coleoptera: Buprestidae), native to several Asian countries, was identified in 2002 as the cause of ash (Fraxinus spp.) mortality throughout southeastern Michigan and southwestern Ontario. More isolated infestations continue to be found throughout Lower Michigan, northern Ohio, Maryland, and Virginia, resulting from transport of infested host materials. An eradication plan is being developed for EAB as this invasive pest threatens ash resources throughout North America. Collaborative research among researchers in Michigan on EAB biology, control, detection, dispersal, host range, and natural enemies required large numbers of healthy insects for bioassay and other experimental treatments.
- Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat.
- During the capture process some typographical errors may occur.
- Please contact Sharon Hobrla, email@example.com if you notice any errors which make this publication unusable.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationBauer, Leah S.; Haack, Robert A.; Miller, Deborah L.; Liu, Houping; Petrice, Toby. 2003. Laboratory rearing of emerald ash borer. In: Mastro, Victor; Reardon, Richard, comps. Emerald ash borer research and technology development meeting; 2003 September 30 - October 1; Port Huron, MI. FHTET 2004-03. Morgantown, WV: U.S. Forest Service, Forest Health Technology Enterprise Team: 36-37.
XML: View XML