Skip to Main Content
Perspectives on law enforcement in recreation areasAuthor(s): Lawrence C. Hadley
Source: In: Larson, E.vH., ed. The Forest Recreation Symposium. State University of New York College of Forestry; 1971 October 12-14: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northeastern Forest Experiment Station. 156-160.
Publication Series: Other
Station: Northern Research Station
PDF: Download Publication (784.57 KB)
DescriptionThe nature and scope of law-enforcement problems in the National Park System are of increasing concern to park and recreation area managers. A positive response by management in terms of formulating and executing a fully professional and effective enforcement program is vital for sustaining public confidence that Parks are safe for individual and family use. Law enforcement must be carried out in perspective with other management programs and developed with sensitivity to the changing nature of society and the changing needs and interests of park users.
- Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat.
- During the capture process some typographical errors may occur.
- Please contact Sharon Hobrla, firstname.lastname@example.org if you notice any errors which make this publication unusable.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationHadley, Lawrence C. 1971. Perspectives on law enforcement in recreation areas. In: Larson, E.vH., ed. The Forest Recreation Symposium. State University of New York College of Forestry; 1971 October 12-14: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northeastern Forest Experiment Station. 156-160.
- Employee perceptions of protected area law enforcement
- Opportunities for visual resource management in the Southern Appalachian Coal Basin
- Effects of law enforcement efforts on intentional wildfires
XML: View XML