Skip to Main Content
Lumber Grade Yields for Graded Aspen Logs and TreesAuthor(s): Leland F. Hanks; Robert L. Brisbin
Source: Res. Pap. NE-423. Broomall, PA: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northeastern Forest Experiment Station. 13p.
Publication Series: Research Paper (RP)
Station: Northeastern Research Station
PDF: Download Publication (739 KB)
DescriptionGreen lumber grade yields for aspen were determined for use with the U.S. Forest Service hardwood log and tree grades. The yields for logs are expressed in percent of total lumber tally volume, and those for trees are expressed in board feet. Overruns for the International 1/4-inch and Scribner log rules along with lumber recovery factors are shown by log grade.
- Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat.
- During the capture process some typographical errors may occur.
- Please contact Sharon Hobrla, email@example.com if you notice any errors which make this publication unusable.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationHanks, Leland F.; Brisbin, Robert L. 1978. Lumber Grade Yields for Graded Aspen Logs and Trees. Res. Pap. NE-423. Broomall, PA: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northeastern Forest Experiment Station. 13p.
- Hardwood log grades and lumber grade yields for factory lumber logs
- Lumber grade recoverey from Hawaii-grown robusta Eucalyptus logs
- Green lumber grade yields from factory grade logs of three oak species
XML: View XML