Skip to Main Content
Persian walnut breeding in CaliforniaAuthor(s): Charles A. Leslie; Gale H. McGranahan
Source: In: Michler, C.H.; Pijut, P.M.; Van Sambeek, J.W.; Coggeshall, M.V.; Seifert, J.; Woeste, K.; Overton, R.; Ponder, F., Jr., eds. Proceedings of the 6th Walnut Council Research Symposium; Gen. Tech. Rep. NC-243. St. Paul, MN: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, North Central Research Station. 25-30
Publication Series: General Technical Report (GTR)
Station: North Central Research Station
PDF: View PDF (179.66 KB)
DescriptionFor over 50 years the University of California Davis Walnut Breeding Program has worked to address the needs of California walnut growers by identifying genetic approaches to problems and developing improved cultivars. The breeding program is a cooperative endeavor that draws on the efforts and resources of university researchers and facilities, USDA germplasm programs, the statewide Cooperative Extension program, grower, and nursery funding sources, and the extensive participation of individual growers, processors, and nurserymen in all aspects of the program.
- Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat.
- During the capture process some typographical errors may occur.
- Please contact Sharon Hobrla, firstname.lastname@example.org if you notice any errors which make this publication unusable.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationLeslie, Charles A.; McGranahan, Gale H. 2004. Persian walnut breeding in California. In: Michler, C.H.; Pijut, P.M.; Van Sambeek, J.W.; Coggeshall, M.V.; Seifert, J.; Woeste, K.; Overton, R.; Ponder, F., Jr., eds. Proceedings of the 6th Walnut Council Research Symposium; Gen. Tech. Rep. NC-243. St. Paul, MN: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, North Central Research Station. 25-30
- Performance of black walnut in the Yellow River watershed of the People's Republic of China
- Discrimination and assessment of black walnut (Juglans nigra L.) cultivars using phenology and microsatellite markers (SSRs)
- Performance of black walnut from the central hardwood region in China's Yellow River watershed
XML: View XML