Skip to Main Content
Tree genetic and improvement research at the University of MinnesotaAuthor(s): Scott S. Pauley
Source: In: Proceedings of the Ninth Lake States Forest Tree Improvement Conference; Res. Pap. NC-47. St. Paul, MN: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, North Central Forest Experiment Station. 25-28
Publication Series: Research Paper (RP)
Station: North Central Research Station
PDF: View PDF (85.19 KB)
DescriptionThe School of Forestry's Tree Improvement Research Project was initiated in 1955. Studies in this area during the past fourteen years have been designed to accumulate information on genetic diversity in native and exotic tree species and isolate genetically superior lines for direct use in Minnesota forest plantings or for further selective breeding. Nursery facilities and outplanting cooperation have been provided chiefly by the University's North Central Experiment Station and the Blandin Paper Company at Grand Rapids, the Cloquet Forest Research Center at Cloquet, and the USDA Forest Service Nursery at Eveleth, Minnesota. Indispensable cooperation has also been provided by the University's Departments of Horticulture, Plant Pathology, Entomology, Fisheries, and Wildlife; the North Central Forest Experiment Station of the USDA Forest Service; The Quetico-Superior Wilderness Research Center; the Minnesota Conservation Department, and other institutions.
- Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat.
- During the capture process some typographical errors may occur.
- Please contact Sharon Hobrla, firstname.lastname@example.org if you notice any errors which make this publication unusable.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationPauley, Scott S. 1970. Tree genetic and improvement research at the University of Minnesota. In: Proceedings of the Ninth Lake States Forest Tree Improvement Conference; Res. Pap. NC-47. St. Paul, MN: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, North Central Forest Experiment Station. 25-28
- The Minnesota Tree Improvement Cooperative
- Research in forest genetics and tree breeding at the University of Wisconsin
- Caspar Creek watershed study--a current status report
XML: View XML