Skip to Main Content
Flower production on clonal orchards at Oconto River Seed Orchard in WisconsinAuthor(s): J.G. Murphy; R.G. Miller
Source: In: Proceedings of the Thirteenth Lake States Forest Tree Improvement Conference; Gen. Tech. Rep. NC-50. St. Paul, MN: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, North Central Forest Experiment Station. 26-32
Publication Series: General Technical Report (GTR)
Station: North Central Research Station
PDF: View PDF (102.02 KB)
DescriptionThe Eastern Region, USDA Forest Service has been establishing and managing seed orchards to produce improved seed for the National Forests in the Lake States since 1969. This paper presents a review of the female flower production for the past 4 years in the white pine, white spruce, and black spruce clonal seed orchards.
- Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat.
- During the capture process some typographical errors may occur.
- Please contact Sharon Hobrla, email@example.com if you notice any errors which make this publication unusable.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationMurphy, J.G.; Miller, R.G. 1977. Flower production on clonal orchards at Oconto River Seed Orchard in Wisconsin. In: Proceedings of the Thirteenth Lake States Forest Tree Improvement Conference; Gen. Tech. Rep. NC-50. St. Paul, MN: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, North Central Forest Experiment Station. 26-32
- Tree seed handling, processing, testing, and storage at Hayward State Nursery, Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources
- Proceedings of the ninth Lake States Forest Tree Improvement Conference, August 22-23, 1969.
- Site-index comparisons for tree species in northern Minnesota.
XML: View XML