Skip to Main Content
Restoration of the Native Plant Communities in Longleaf Pine Landscapes on the Kisatchie National Forest, LouisianaAuthor(s): James D. Haywood; Alton Martin; Finis L. Harris; Michael L. Elliott-Smith
Source: Proceedings of the Ninth Biennial Southern Silvicultural Research Conference
Publication Series: Scientific Journal (JRNL)
PDF: Download Publication (61 KB)
DescriptionIn January 1993, the Kisatchie National Forest and Southern Research Station began monitoring the effects of various management practices on overstory and midstory trees, shrubs, and understory woody and herbaceous vegetation in several longleaf pine (Pinus palustris Mill.) stands. The monitoring of these stands is part of several Ecosystem Management Projects. These projects address the effects of different seasons of burning, group selection cutting, removal of off-site pine species, and shelterwood management on forest vegetation. One of our goals is to identify common plants that are usually present in longleaf pine forests once the silviculturist's objectives are met.
- You may send email to email@example.com to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationHaywood, James D.; Martin, Alton, Jr.; Harris, Finis L.; Elliott-Smith, Michael L. 1998. Restoration of the Native Plant Communities in Longleaf Pine Landscapes on the Kisatchie National Forest, Louisiana. Proceedings of the Ninth Biennial Southern Silvicultural Research Conference
- Restoring Upland Forests to Longleaf Pine: Initial Effects on Fuel Load, Fire Danger, Forest Vegetation, and Beetle Populations
- Patterns and processes: Monitoring and understanding plant diversity in frequently burned longleaf pine (Pinus palustris) landscapes
- Description of Vegetation in Several Periodically Burned Longleaf Pine Forests on the Kisatchie National Forest
XML: View XML