Skip to Main Content
Tree planting in the United States - 1997Author(s): Robert J. Moulton
Source: Tree Planters' Notes, USDA--Forest Service, Vol. 49, No.1--1999
Publication Series: Miscellaneous Publication
PDF: View PDF (450 KB)
DescriptionThis annual report summarizes tree planting, timber stand improvement, and nursery production activities across all ownerships of forest land in the United States. It includes state-by-state and ownership breakdowns, regional totals, as well as analysis of the trends in the data. It does not include tree planting in urban and community environments. As far as we know, it is the most complete compilation of such data in the country. However, because some of the data are estimated, caution must be used in drawing inferences.
- You may send email to email@example.com to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationMoulton, Robert J. 1997. Tree planting in the United States - 1997. Tree Planters'' Notes, USDA--Forest Service, Vol. 49, No.1--1999
- Tree planting in the United States - 1998
- Washington’s forest resources: Forest Inventory and Analysis, 2002–2011
- Ecological and economic determinants of invasive tree species on Alabama forestland
XML: View XML