Skip to Main Content
The New England Spruce-Fir Seed Orchard ProgramAuthor(s): Carter B. Gibbs; James B. Carlaw
Source: In: Joint Proceedings of the Tenth Lake States Forest Tree Improvement Conference and the Seventh Central States Forest Tree Improvement Conference; Gen. Tech. Rep. NC-3. St. Paul, MN: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, North Central Forest Experiment Station. 53-56
Publication Series: General Technical Report (GTR)
Station: North Central Research Station
PDF: Download Publication (479.4 KB)
DescriptionI once heard it said that if you want to know how something was organized, ask a man who had nothing to do with it. I suspect this may be one of the reasons I was asked to collaborate on this report of the development of the New England Spruce-Fir Seed Orchard Program.
- Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat.
- During the capture process some typographical errors may occur.
- Please contact Sharon Hobrla, firstname.lastname@example.org if you notice any errors which make this publication unusable.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationGibbs, Carter B.; Carlaw, James B. 1973. The New England Spruce-Fir Seed Orchard Program. In: Joint Proceedings of the Tenth Lake States Forest Tree Improvement Conference and the Seventh Central States Forest Tree Improvement Conference; Gen. Tech. Rep. NC-3. St. Paul, MN: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, North Central Forest Experiment Station. 53-56
- The "spotlight" ... highlighting researchers at work: Krista Gebert: "The beauty of economics"
- Planting Pine in the Carolina Sandhills
- Human dynamics and forest management: a baseline assessment of the socioeconomic characteristics of the region surrounding the El Yunque National Forest
XML: View XML