Skip to Main Content
An econometric model of the U.S. pallet marketAuthor(s): Albert T. Schuler; Walter B. Wallin
Source: Res. Pap. NE-449. Broomall, PA: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northeastern Forest Experiment Station. 11p.
Publication Series: Research Paper (RP)
Station: Northeastern Research Station
PDF: View PDF (1.43 MB)
DescriptionA need for quantitative information on demand and price has been expressed by the pallet industry. In response to this, an econometric model of the aggregate U.S. pallet market was developed. Demand was found to be affected by real pallet price, industrial and food production levels, and slipsheet prices. Supply was affected by real price, housing starts lagged 1 year, and productivity within the pallet industry. Industrial production activity had the strongest impact on pallet demand, while real price was the most influential supply variable. Consumption and price projections were developed to illustrate the model's use for providing long-term investment and resource planning information.
- Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat.
- During the capture process some typographical errors may occur.
- Please contact Sharon Hobrla, firstname.lastname@example.org if you notice any errors which make this publication unusable.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationSchuler, Albert T.; Wallin, Walter B. 1979. An econometric model of the U.S. pallet market. Res. Pap. NE-449. Broomall, PA: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northeastern Forest Experiment Station. 11p.
- Pallet use in grocery distribution affects forest resource consumption location: a spatial model of grocery pallet use
- A revised econometric model of the domestic pallet market
- Status and trends of U.S. pulpwood market.
XML: View XML