Skip to Main Content
Trends in New Hampshire campgrounds during the SeventiesAuthor(s): Paula L. Cormier; Peggy S. Nystrom
Source: Res. Pap. NE-489. Broomall, PA: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northeastern Forest Experiment Station. 12p.
Publication Series: Research Paper (RP)
Station: Northeastern Research Station
PDF: View PDF (1.4 MB)
DescriptionThe findings of a 1980 census of commercial camping enterprises in New Hampshire are presented, including the growth of commercial camping enterprises during the period 1964 to 1980, campground characteristics, services and facilities, and the average costs and returns of operating a campground. This report represents the third census of the New Hampshire campground industry. The data presented reflect the 1979 calendar year and are based on a survey of 138 campgrounds conducted by the U.S. Forest Service in cooperation with the campground owners of New Hampshire.
- Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat.
- During the capture process some typographical errors may occur.
- Please contact Sharon Hobrla, firstname.lastname@example.org if you notice any errors which make this publication unusable.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationCormier, Paula L.; Nystrom, Peggy S. 1981. Trends in New Hampshire campgrounds during the Seventies. Res. Pap. NE-489. Broomall, PA: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northeastern Forest Experiment Station. 12p.
KeywordsNew Hampshire private campgrounds, growth, campground characteristics, services and facilities, costs and returns
- The commercial campground industry in New Hampshire. A report on a 1971 campground census.
- Camper characteristics differ at public and commercial campgrounds in New England
- Satisfaction monitoring for quality control in campground management
XML: View XML