Skip to Main Content
Fabrication of the Appalachian ThinnerAuthor(s): Cleveland J. Biller
Source: Res. Pap. NE-495. Broomall, PA: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northeastern Forest Experiemnt Station. 7p.
Publication Series: Research Paper (RP)
Station: Northeastern Research Station
PDF: Download Publication (2.4 MB)
DescriptionThe Appalachian Thinner, a prototype cable yarder, has proven capable of harvesting timber on steep slopes. Details of the fabrication of the prototype yarder are presented. An Appalachian Thinner can be built economically in a typical logger's repair shop.
- Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat.
- During the capture process some typographical errors may occur.
CitationBiller, Cleveland J. 1982. Fabrication of the Appalachian Thinner. Res. Pap. NE-495. Broomall, PA: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northeastern Forest Experiemnt Station. 7p.
KeywordsLogging, Timber production, Forest engineering
- Operational test of the prototype peewee yarder.
- Production and cost of a live skyline cable yarder tested in Appalachia
- Shift level analysis of cable yarder availability, utilization, and productive time
XML: View XML