Skip to Main Content
Spruce budworm core B.t. test - 1980 combined summaryAuthor(s): Gerald S. Walton; Franklin B. Lewis
Source: Res. Pap. NE-506. Broomall, PA: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northeastern Forest Experiment Station. 12p.
Publication Series: Research Paper (RP)
Station: Northeastern Research Station
Download Publication (1.4 MB)
DescriptionTwo commercial preparations of Bacillus thuringiensis (Bet.) were aerially applied in 1980 to populations of spruce budworm (Choristoneura fumiferana (Clem.)) in Arizona, Maine, New Hampshire, and Wisconsin. Operations were conducted under the auspices of CANUSA-East with standardized procedures for spray application and population monitoring. The 8 Billion International Units (BIU) Dipel® and Thurlcide® formulations are effective and similar for spruce budworm control when applied under favorable conditions. This paper compares results between locations and critiques the experimental design, spray operations, and data collection procedures.
- Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat.
- During the capture process some typographical errors may occur.
- Please contact Sharon Hobrla, firstname.lastname@example.org if you notice any errors which make this publication unusable.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationWalton, Gerald S.; Lewis, Franklin B. 1982. Spruce budworm core B.t. test - 1980 combined summary. Res. Pap. NE-506. Broomall, PA: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northeastern Forest Experiment Station. 12p.
KeywordsDlpel®, Thuricide®, population reduction, pest control, pest management, biological control, foliage protection, experimental design, larval sampling, spruce budworm, Choristoneura fumiferana, B.t., aerial
- Tolerance of spruce budworm to malathion...Montana, New Mexico populations show no differences
- Comparison of Bt formulations against the spruce budworm
- Computer simulation for integrated pest management of spruce budworms
XML: View XML